Djrill: Mandrill Transactional Email for Django¶
Djrill integrates the Mandrill transactional email service into Django.
In general, Djrill “just works” with Django’s built-in
package. It includes:
- Support for HTML, attachments, extra headers, and other features of Django’s built-in email
- Mandrill-specific extensions like tags, metadata, tracking, and MailChimp templates
- Optional support for Mandrill inbound email and other webhook notifications, via Django signals
- An optional Django admin interface
Djrill is released under the BSD license. It is tested against Django 1.3–1.8 (including Python 3 with Django 1.6+, and PyPy support with Django 1.5+). Djrill uses semantic versioning.
- Djrill 1-2-3
- Sending Mail
- Sending Template Mail
- Mixing Email Backends
- Mandrill Webhooks and Inbound Email
- Release Notes
Thanks to the MailChimp team for asking us to build this nifty little app, and to all of Djrill’s contributors. Also thanks to James Socol on Github for his django-adminplus library that got us off on the right foot for the custom admin views. Oh, and, of course, Kenneth Reitz for the awesome requests library.